We can’t talk about celebrating the Disneyland Diamond Anniversary without talking about the famous S’Mores Bake at Big Thunder Ranch. I mean, if Magic Kingdom’s iconic sweet treat is the Dole Whip, then Disneyland’s has to be the S’Mores Bake.
While it may look like a simple brownie with a whole mess of stuff related to S’Mores is crammed on the top, in reality it’s the perfect warm dessert, made to be eaten with a spoon straight out of the container it’s baked in. I’m talking family-style dessert yumminess. It’s ooey, gooey, loaded with chocolate, but it still has that signature cinnamon crunch that makes a S’More a S’more.
The fact that it’s as easy to make as it is to eat means that not only will I be making this a lot, but you have no excuse to not be making this either. And really, who doesn’t want to make something that tastes like summertime and reminds you of Disneyland?
- 1 10.5 ounce box fudge brownie mix, plus ingredients listed on mix to make brownies
- 1 1 pound bag of large marshmallows
- ¼ cup hot fudge sauce, warmed
- 6-8 graham crackers
- 2 tablespoons additional hot fudge, if desired
- Make brownies according to package directions. Pour into a cake pan sprayed generously with non-stick cooking spray. Bake according to package directions.
- Remove from oven, then set the oven to broil.
- Place marshmallows over brownies in a single layer. Broil (with door slightly opened if necessary to prevent smoking) about 2 minutes, or until marshmallows are golden brown and very soft. Remove from heat.
- Drizzle ¼ cup hot fudge over marshmallows. Take half of the graham crackers and break them into ¼ sized sticks. Crumble remaining half into crumbs and sprinkle over toasted marshmallows. Insert graham cracker sticks randomly into the toasted marshmallows.
- Drizzle with additional 2 tablespoons of hot fudge, if desired.
- Serve immediately, family style.