When it comes to healthy treats, it doesn’t get much healthier (and more tasty) than fresh tomato, fresh basil, and balsamic vinegar.
Enter Hollywood & Vine’s classic bruschetta (pssst… It’s also served at Mama Melrose’s). It’s sweet, flavorful, and something worth craving without breaking your diet. Did I mention it’s easy to make and you can use it on almost anything?While the classic way is as a topper on bread and pita chips, this goes perfectly on top of salad, ground turkey, or even Mediterranean-style tacos. One of my favorite ways to eat this is on top of breaded chicken… So yummy! The balsamic adds a zippy and sweet twist to the subtle spiciness of the basil and the creaminess of the cheese, so it’s for sure something your family will love.
Considering it’s ready in under 10 minutes and doesn’t require a stove, this is the perfect summer side dish!
- 1 pound plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, cut chiffonade
- 2 tablespoons diced sweet or white onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons shredded mozzarella
- 2 ounces of olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- balsamic vinegar, to drizzle
- Combine all ingredients in a medium sized bowl except salt, pepper, and vinegar. Toss until throughly mixed. Season with salt and pepper. Let stand in fridge about 15 minutes to allow flavors to marry.
- To serve, remove from fridge and drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Serve over bread, bread chips, pasta, or light meats.