Summer is a season all about fresh vegetables, cool salads, picnics, and grilling. This recipe combines the absolute best of all of these summer perks! Grilled vegetables and a sour cream dressing along with crisp fresh herbs blend together for a potato salad worth having a picnic for!
Served at Napa Rose in Disney’s Grand Californian, this is a Disneyland classic that has graced the plates of Disney diners as both a side and a bed for their grilled fish dishes for as long as anybody can remember. Served seasonally to ensure only the finest fresh ingredients go into this scrumptious side, the real secret to this recipe is the char from grilling the vegetables. That caramelization is what pops this from simple salad to delicious side that will steal the show!
- 5 ears of corn, shucked
- 1 small red onion, cut into rings but not separated
- 1½ pounds fingerling potatoes (also use small gold or red new)
- 1 cup cut green beans, blanched
- 1 cup creamed corn
- 2 tablespoons chopped thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped sage
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Grill corn and onions by brushing lightly with olive oil, until onions and corn are cooked and marked from the grill. Cool slightly. Cut corn kernels from cob and separate onion rings. Place in large bowl, set aside.
- Cut potatoes into bite sized pieces and boil until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and season potatoes. Add to mixing bowl with onions and corn and add all other ingredients. Toss until fully blended and mixed.
- Serve immediately, slightly warmed, or chill overnight to allow flavors to develop. Serve just warmer than room temperature.