When it’s this easy to make your own perfectly lemony dressing, why would you ever buy the pre-made stuff again? Using fresh lemons, lemon zest, and a more delicately flavored vinegar, this vinaigrette is the answer to perking up everything from your salad to giving your grill meats an extra bump in flavor!
This recipe is straight from Boma at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge. Known for fresh food, a sprawling buffet, and an authentic rustic African-style ambiance, Boma has become a hit for both families and foodies. This vinaigrette, one of the many house-made dressings that’s often available, has become a fan favorite because of its bright flavor and slight peppery kick.
Personally, as somebody who is admittedly obsessed with all things lemon, this is my new favorite dressing. Super easy to make (I made mine in my Magic Bullet in less than 5 minutes) and with flavors that remind me of warm summer days, it makes me want to eat salad again!
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ⅓ cup Chardonnay or Champagne vinegar
- ⅓ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Zest from 1½ lemons
- 1¼ cups olive oil
- Kosher salt, to taste
- black pepper, fresh ground, to taste
- Combine all ingredients except olive oil, salt, and pepper in a bowl and whisk until blended. Slowly add in olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Allow to sit in the fridge overnight for the best flavor.
- Alternatively, combine all ingredients but salt and pepper in a blender and mix until blended. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, to taste. Allow to sit in fridge overnight for best flavor development.