When it comes to iconic breakfasts at Walt Disney World, Chef Mickey’s is pretty hard to beat.
Chef Mickey’s is the perfect place for folks looking to get a wonderful meal and meet the mouse that started it all. And considering how accomplished Chef Mickey is… Simply no ordinary French Toast will do.
The secret to the mind-blowing, craveable, “I need it now” French Toast at Chef Mickey’s is the bread. While people like you or I may use simple ol’ white bread, Chef Mickey’s uses a rotating selection of brioche and challah to set their French toast apart.
If you haven’t tried brioche French Toast, you need to fix that, and fast. The light, buttery, sweet bread pairs perfectly with the creamy, custard-like egg coating. Topped with sugar, a dash of syrup, and a little fruit (you know, to make it healthy), it becomes a slice of heaven on a plate.
Don’t be intimidated by the fancy-sounding carb. This makes up just as easily as your typical French Toast.
If you’re new to the ways of the kitchen, or you’re looking for that perfect recipe to introduce your children into cooking, this is perfect. It’s fast, perfectly sweetened, delightfully decadent, and perfect for even a rushed weekday morning.
Plus, it’s from Disney… So it’s magical and practical! A total win/win.
Are you as in love with this recipe as I am? Give these a try too!
- Tonga Toast – Kona Cafe, Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- Chocolate Lava Cake – California Grill, Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Banana-Cinnamon Bread Pudding with Vanilla Sauce – Tusker House, Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- 3 large whole eggs
- ¾ cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- Brioche or Challah bread, slicked 1 inch thick
- Powdered sugar, if desired
- Wisk eggs, milk, and vanilla extract together, add sugar and cinnamon, and wisk until incorporated. Set aside.
- Pre-heat flat grill or frying pan over medium heat until water droplets dropped on the surface of the griddle dance and evaporate. If not using a non-stick pan or griddle, spray with non-stick spray or butter and wipe out the excess (to prevent bread from sticking).
- Quickly dredge bread through the egg mixture (do not allow to soak!), place on gril, and cook until golden brown on each side, about 1-2 minutes per side. Remove when done and keep warm in an oven or serve immediately.
- Dust with powdered sugar, if desired.