About The Disney Chef
Welcome to TheDisneyChef.com, where I drown my sorrows over living 1,361 miles from Epcot by cooking food.
Lots of food.
Some fast facts about me:
- I’m married to my best friend, soulmate, and partner-in-crime.
- I’m the mother and stepmother to three gorgeous boys.
- I have been to Walt Disney World 13 times.
- I really like food… Making it, eating it, thinking about making or eating it… Food is awesome.
It was a combination of these undeniable personal truths that led me to wake up one day almost five years ago and say to myself “Hey, I think I’m going to start a blog about cooking foods from Walt Disney World.”
And really, it did all start that simply… In 2011 after returning from my latest Disney trip, I was dealing with some pretty dramatic Disney Depression. I started collecting Disney recipes, re-creating the meals, and posting the results on Facebook. After a few months, my friends said
“Please stop posting these all the time and just open a blog” “You should really start a blog and share these recipes with other Disney fanatics!”
What started as a small little blog with a few devoted readers has since grown to something bigger than I ever dreamed it could be. 200 recipes, 30,000 followers on social media, and over one million views later, TheDisneyChef.com has become my passion. While I don’t get to Disney as often as I’d like to, knowing that I’m a recipe away from recreating the experience thrills me to pieces, and being able to share that with a community of people is such a huge honor.
Besides my obvious fondness for cooking and all things Disney, I enjoy writing, scrapbooking, gaming, running, and photography. In 2013 I was bitten by the Run Disney bug after running my first half marathon, Disney’s Wine and Dine Half Marathon. Since then I’ve participated in the Glass Slipper Challenge in 2014, 2015, and the Wine and Dine Half Marathon in 2014.
Some other fun facts about yours truly:
- My favorite rides are “The Haunted Mansion,” “Dinosaur,” “Soarin,” and “Captain Eo.”
- My husband proposed to me in front of “Space Mountain” while I was trying to not puke after riding “Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin.”
- I did 24 hour days at Walt Disney World before it was cool. In 1999, I did Grad Nite with my senior class. While there, I rubbed elbows with some unknown named Britney Spears. Wonder what happened to her?
- My son is marrying Elsa. Seriously. They met in Epcot, he proposed and she accepted.
- My favorite park is Epcot, my favorite resorts Disney’s Pop Century Resort and Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort.
- My favorite Disney movie is “The Little Mermaid” and Ariel is my favorite princess. Anna is second.
- I have more than 300 Vinylmations. Thanks mom!
Media requests, advertising/sponsored post opportunities, potential brand partners, or anybody looking to offer me free trips to Disney World, please feel free to contact me.
Are you a reader, blogger, travel agent, or somebody interested in being a guest blogger or party co-host, you can contact me too!